Monday, September 25, 2006

Techie Cred? Maybe not. Thrifty Cred? Definitely.



So you wanna know about my cred, huh? OK. Here's a run-down:
PORTABLES:
My phone is a Sanyo SCP-4700 from 2003. It packs a vintage teal electroluminescent lcd display, backlit buttons, a handy red led indicator (see pic) to warn me of voice mail. It has more than a dozen built-in ring tones (including hits like Pachelbel's Canon), speaker phone, etc. The features go on and on, really. The size is handy too. It's far more solid than your RAZR! It's pretty amazing to consider all this was free after I signed on with Sprint PCS.

My iPod is a 3G 10GB from 2003. Received as a graduation present, it's still going strong.
COMPUTERS:
My wife and I have two computers. A 12" iBook G4 800 Mhz/640 purchased new in the fall of 2003. We also have a 15" G4 iMac purchased used off of eBay in the fall of 2005.
HOME ENTERTAINMENT:
Still rockin' an Aiwa 3 disc, dual cassette shelf system. (For the kids out there, the dual cassette decks were for dubbing tapes...sort of like copying MP3 files) We've got a Cyberhome DVD player/burner and a 20" Panasonic CRT standard definition TV. No TiVo or DVR.

That's it! How does your set-up rate?

No comments: